The art and science of dim mak pressure points is a newly disclosed art form so this section gives you various recommendations to consider when you learn and train in pressure points. It also gives various topics that should be found in a properly structured training curriculum that teaches martial arts pressure points.
By way of introduction, there are three areas of study that a student should learn:
- Theory of pressure points – it applies to both healing and defence
- Practical Applications – how to use dim mak techniques and points for self defence
- Healing pressure points – some exercises activate certain points to heal the body
These are all taught here.
And of course, you need to choose a teacher.
To begin your study of pressure points, have you ever thought of the following:
- Why does a person die days after receiving a blow to a specific point in the chest? Why does a blow to a cluster of points cause multiple injuries?
- Why can’t conventional wisdom and western medicine provide an explanation for the onslaught of epilepsy following a blow to a specific point on the hand when struck between only four specific hours of the day?
- Which points that can cause death are also excellent points to use for healing?
- How does dim mak improve one’s ability to defend against one or more assailants?
The answers to authentic dim mak pressure points cannot be known unless a practitioner puts in some study time and effort in learning pressure points theory.
These have been a closely guarded secret for centuries. We know these skills have been kept secret because until I released authentic dim mak pressure points openly to the public, no one else was seen performing authentic dim mak techniques. So learning from a recognised dim mak teacher is paramount.
Do not be tricked into learning from someone without genuine training in pressure points, who has invented some silly techniques and theories about pressure points or the death touch. And there are many teachers like that today. They are giving you incorrect information on the theory and application of pressure points.
We need to draw on the authentic teachings of dim mak to form the basis for modern day study and practice of pressure points. We must not distort the truth. Learning from a traditional master is essential so let me tell you about a passage from the classic Tao Te Ching written by Lao Tzu, 2500 years ago. It advises:
“Follow the ancient way
To master the present
Knowing the ancient way
Is the key to the Tao”
Dim Mak’s secret techniques were only taught to a few privileged masters. So be one of the few people in the world today who will know authentic dim mak because…
“Your martial arts will lack impact, meaning and focus if you do not include pressure points in your training.”
This art is not just about “which pressure point to hit”; it is about how you move to apply the points, in being effective by correctly striking or seizing points in the correct way.
There are of course beginner and advanced level in the study of pressure points. Below are some items that you should learn, and they should be taught in a properly structured curriculum:
- Techniques to help you easily learn and remember which pressure points to use – for example, the unique Point Matching System I have formulated
- Techniques to help you quickly locate pressure points on the body and always remember their location – for example, the special Point Location Methodology that I have developed
- The pressure points to use in our modern society TODAY, and how to strike or seize them – using points listed in ancient books can be misleading, you can read about that in the other sections of this website
- The consequences of a blow to a pressure point you are about to strike
All teaching materials should be presented to you in a clear and precise manner so it is easy for you to learn or incorporate dim mak into your martial arts style.
The following MUST be included. They are the THEORY behind the art and science of pressure points. If your teacher cannot teach these to you, then you can have access to that knowledge from my books, manual, courses and seminars.
- How to select pressure points and use them, quickly and easily – so that you can decide which points to use, when to use them and when not to use them
- How to determine the consequences of a blow to a pressure point – this is based on the techniques applied to a point. For example if the Counterflow technique has been added to the strike, additional symptoms will manifest; sometimes an altogether different set of symptoms can manifest. This is very important because knowledge of the consequences of a blow to a pressure point means that you’ll be able to choose the extent of damage you will cause to a person. That knowledge helps you to choose the point that will give you the consequence you want. During a very violent situation and in the eyes of the law, this is crucial for your self protection.
- …and much more!
So good luck with your studies of pressure points. And…
…Do not settle for poor, useless, cheap instruction that will cause you more harm than good.
Getting Started – Study at Home
To learn the THEORY, you need these items:
- The Manual, the art and science of deadly pressure points
- The Top 36 Deadly pressure points
- The Two Dragons of dim mak
To learn the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS, you need these items:
Classes and Lessons in Pressure Points
- If you live in Melbourne Australia and would like to attend regular classes that are held at my school, the Golden Lion Academy, please call us on our central telephone number 9796-1066 for class times and fees or email us through our contact-us form.
- If you do not live near one of our three academies in Berwick, Rowville or Murrumbeena — Melbourne, Australia — then you can study with my books and DVDs and attend my intensive courses specially created for overseas students.