In this specialised workshop, you’ll learn how to :
- Effectively defend yourself against holds, grabs and strikes
- How and where on the body you should strike for maximum results
- Special pressure points and vital areas to target when defending yourself
- Evasive footwork and special body positioning
- Correct deflection and blocking techniques that work in the street
- Various striking methods including how to use the palm, elbows and knees
This workshop is suitable for all women and girls (over the age of 13). Martial arts, Kung Fu or Tai Chi experience is not necessary. Parents and friends of Golden Lion Academy members are most welcome to attend this workshop. Non-members should arrive 30 minutes earlier to complete an enrolment form to participate. Alternatively, the form can be completed before the workshop (please ask your Sifu for an enrolment form).